Friday, July 8, 2011

"A Miracle", my first post!!!

I am a almost 40 year old female with 12 1/2 years in recovery.  I have seen alot, done alot and overcome alot.  However, I have a long way to go.  I was talking to a friend about feeling "stuck" and how to get past that feeling and he suggested "A Course In Miracles".  I will tell you that the idea to me at first when I got the book was confusing.  When I started reading the front of the book, it was ALOT! I didnt understand most of it, I got frustrated, had to re-read over and over so I put it down.  THEN... I decided to go straight to the lessons. Oh My Gosh......they are amazing.

The purpose of the Lessons are divided into 2 sections, the first undoing the way we see now and the second part possession of true perception.  It helps to train our mind to a different perception of everyone and everything in the world.

Although I did the lessons everyday religiously for about 47 days, I missed 3 or 4 days and quit.  So...... here I am.... to the world committing to start over and blog about my progress and share with you how my life changes from ACIM!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Nikki and I am in a position to commit to ACIM as well...Today will be my first day!!!! Love you!! Love your blog!!

Outspoken One said...

Thats awesome! We can do it together. :) Love you too honey! xoxoxo

Outspoken One said...

Lets see how many people we can get to do it together and we can all share how it's working for us. :)

Outspoken One said...

Hey Kimmy, I was just checking in to see how you are doing? Did you get started on ACIM as well?

Unknown said...

Have you bailed out on your blog?? No recent activity..

Unknown said...

This is me...not unknown... kimmy.